Press "Enter" to skip to content

Penrose and Onehunga residents warned after chemical leak

Aucklanders in Penrose and Onehunga are being advised to keep their windows and doors closed, after a chemical leak on Thursday. About 5000 litres of methyl methacrylate was spilled at a chemical business on Industrial Rd. It is a chemical used in the manufacture of plastics and adhesives. While it is considered to have low toxicity, it can cause nasal irritation and headaches.

Continue Reading at Stuff.co.nz - Stuff